Needs & Objectives
88th Annual Meeting
of the Southeastern Section of the AUA, Inc.
March 20 – 23, 2024
Marriott Austin Downtown
Ongoing learning to mitigate practice gaps is important, and the SESAUA recognizes its duty to provide education to its members to improve overall knowledge. The Annual Meeting and the accompanying scientific program address the educational need for expert-led discussions regarding current topics in urology. Through a combination of lectures and question-and-answer formats, the planning committee has approved this program as a forum to provide state-of-the-art educational content relevant to its members and guests. Moreover, advancements in medical science and progress in management of various urologic diseases require basic and clinical research. Presentation and discussion of such peer-reviewed and peer-selected summaries and results of investigations provide “cutting edge” updates for practicing clinicians as well as essential feedback to researchers on the practical applications and translation of their investigations to clinical practice.
At the conclusion of the 87th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Section of the AUA, attendees will be able to:
- Apply guidelines and best strategies in evaluation and management of urologic oncology patients, including those with prostate, bladder, kidney, and other cancers.
- Review issues related to care of men with benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Apply latest guidelines in evaluation and management of patients with urologic trauma and reconstructive surgical needs.
- Discuss medical and surgical management for patients presenting with nephrolithiasis
- Identify strategies to employ in pediatric urologic patients presenting with common conditions.
- Describe new techniques for teaching and learning urology as well as recent socioeconomic changes impacting urologic care.
- Report up-to-date information for managing patients with urologic conditions in the outpatient setting.
- Integrate new technologies for surgical management of urologic patients.