News & Announcements
Urology Community Outreach Grants
Posted: December 1, 2020
SESAUA Urology Chairs, Program Directors and Residents,
The Southeastern Section of the AUA, Inc. understands the importance of resident humanitarian volunteerism both within the section and abroad. Due to the current concerns with travel abroad due to the current coronavirus issues, the resident international volunteerism program will be suspended for this year. The SESAUA Board of Directors has approved the authorization of up to $50,000 this year for Urology Community Outreach Grants of up to $5,000 each. The Section will consider supporting resident volunteerism initiatives within the Southeastern Section.
Please review the attached Community Outreach Proposal for complete details on how to apply for the grant. The following outlines the procedure for this process:
- Applications will be accepted through February 1, 2021. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
- Completed applications should be sent to Madeline King in the SESAUA Executive Office at Madeline@wjweiser.com.
- The SESAUA Executive Committee will review the proposals and only those approved by the board will be eligible to receive funds.
- Recipients will be notified of the award by February 21, 2021.
- The funding period will begin February 21, 2021 and conclude December 31, 2021.
- The SESAUA will work directly with the involved SESAUA member to provide the funding for residents who have been approved to participate in the Urology Community Outreach Grant.
Please contact Madeline King with any questions or concerns. We sincerely hope that you take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
Ricardo Sanchez-Ortiz, MD, FACS
Southeastern Section of the AUA President