The COVID-19 pandemic has changed medical practice in the short-term and will likely also have long-term lasting effects. The Southeastern Section of the AUA, Inc. (SESAUA) is interested in supporting academic efforts related to the pandemic in any or all of the following areas:
- Research related to how COVID-19 directly affects urologic physiology and/or disease in patients
- Operational changes to medical practice, including the use of telemedicine
- Medical provider and staff safety
The SESAUA Board of Directors has approved the authorization of up to $20,000 to support this work. These funds will be divided upon the advice of the Executive Committee.
SESAUA Active Members in good standing are eligible. Supporting work by trainees and others is acceptable as long as SESAUA Active Member is main sponsor.
Applications will be reviewed by the SESAUA Executive Committee based on the merit of the grant proposal along with determining portions of project that can be accommodated by the amount of the funding available. Funding is based solely on the discretion of the Executive Committee, and the SESAUA does not guarantee continuation or renewal funding. Grant Proposals must include involvement with a Southeastern Section member in good standing.
At the completion of the project, awardees must submit a brief project summary for review by the SESAUA Executive Committee and for consideration of publication in the SESAUA newsletter. The summary shall include details regarding the project and how the results will be used.
Any external publications or presentations arising from the work supported SESAUA shall acknowledge the SESAUA with the following statement, “This work was supported in part by the Southeastern Section of the AUA, Inc.” Please provide a copy of any resulting publications to SESAUA.
To apply for this award, please include the following items:
- Application Cover Sheet (below)
- W-9 “Payers Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification” Form (enclosed)
- Grant Proposal – Please include the below elements. Maximum length: 10 pages
- A description of the project/program
- Proposed Budget for the project/program
- What the SESAUA funds will be used for
- The SESAUA member that is involved and their level of involvement
- How the project/program will be beneficial and who will benefit from it
Submission Dates and Application Deadline:
- Applications will be accepted through November 30th , 2020
- Late submissions will not be reviewed
- Recipient(s) will be notified of the award by January 15th , 2021
Completed applications should be emailed to Samantha Florine in the SESAUA Executive Office at Samantha@wjweiser.com.
Download Grant Proposal Application